Governor Jindal said, “We already make sure criminals know their rights. Before police arrest someone they inform them of all their rights under the law, so it’s only common sense that we would do the same for women before they get an abortion. Women deserve to know their legal rights and the protections already afforded to them under the law, and we are confident that the more they know, the more they will choose life. We must foster an even greater culture of life in
Governor Jindal in a press release said the new law informs women, while protecting their safety and the lives of unborn children in four specific ways.
1.Any outpatient abortion facility will be required to post a sign in each patient admission area, waiting room, and patient consulting room outlining women's rights and their pregnancy resources.
The notice to women will read:
- You can’t be forced. It is unlawful for anyone to make you have an abortion against your will, even of you are a minor.
- You and the father. The father of your child must provide support of the child, even if he has offered to pay for an abortion.
- You and adoption. The law allows adoptive parents to pay costs of prenatal care, childbirth, and newborn care.
- You are not alone. Many agencies are willing to help you carry your child to term, and to assist after your child’s birth.
2.This law also requires these informational signs to include a link to a Department of Health and Hospitals’ (DHH) website with even more information on abortion alternatives so women can learn about the medical assistance, pregnancy resources, free ultrasound services, and adoption services available to them. Abortion clinic websites will also be required to provide a link on their homepage to the DHH website listing abortion alternatives and the rights of mothers.
- 3.This law requires abortion facilities to inform any person seeking to schedule an abortion about the DHH abortions alternative website and other sites outlining the rights of mothers.
- 4.This new law makes it so that any outpatient abortion facility that knowingly employs a non-physician to perform an abortion may have their license revoked.
TALK ABOUT THIS QUESTION BELOW AND YOU CAN USE OUR BAYOUBUZZ FACEBOOK FEATURES. JUST LOG IN WITH THE BLUE FACEBOOK LOGIN ABOVE AND TO YOUR LEFT. WATCH THE MOVIE FOR MORE INFORMATION