The Saints will open training camp on Thursday when all players report for physicals, meetings and conditioning. There will be 16 practices, all open to the public, starting on Friday.
The team will conduct one non-padded practice on Friday at 8:50 a.m. and again on Saturday at the same time. Those practices will conclude at 11:30 a.m. The team will start padded practices on Sunday at 8:50 a.m.
Training camp is scheduled to close on Sunday, Aug. 21, one day after the team travels to Houston to face the Texans.
Training camp practice sessions are open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Bleacher seating is available along the north and west sides of the training facility.. There is no reserve seating. Standing room along the fence line is permitted. There is no admission charge for watching practice and parking is free. Public parking is available in parking lots close to the facility off Airline Drive.
In the event of inclement weather, (including rain, thunderstorms and extreme heat) practices will be moved indoors and closed to the public.
Scroll the items below down to see updated content
Latest from Ed Staton
- RIP Van Buren and New Orleans Saints, Houston Texans news
- Not Payton or Brees for New Orleans Saints but Vitt, Kromer and Vilma
- Goodell not welcome; New Orleans Saints lacks responsibility, Ruud needed
- Extra burden on New Orleans Saints, Brees without Payton, Vitt and linebackers
- New Orleans Saints revolving door: Camarillo in, Chris Chamberlain on IR