ten things i am thankful for.
- thankful for the young people of america who stand their ground, exercising their constitutional and god given rights against overwhelming injustice, violence and corrupted government and corporations, speaking truth to power.
- thankful that the tide of history is inexorable, that you can’t arrest an idea whose time has come, and that it’s still not too late to reclaim democracy from the greed and intolerance that has consumed and hijacked it til now.
- thankful for the endless republican parade of clowns posing as presidential candidates. even in a tough economy, these guys all give us something to laugh about every time one of them opens their mouths. thanks to them i have no shortage of crazy crap to write about in my columns.
- thankful that even democrats are getting tired of obama’s maneuverings and vacillations, and that i still have the right not to vote if no one deserves or earns it between now and election day.
- thankful for the brilliant idea of promoting a constitutional amendment to place “none of the above” on all ballots for all elections, so that we can choose not to elect anyone if the field sucks, and we can hold out til someone decent comes along.
- thankful that our beloved saints are looking good, that we have great seats, and have been able to share the experience of this season with so many friends.
- thankful that i don’t care much about the nba.
- thankful for a district attorney in new orleans willing to take on violent criminals, a malfunctioning judicial system and the part-of-the-problem-times picayune, and let the chips fall where they may.
- thankful that i and no one in my family has become a new orleans major crime statistic this year, so far.
- thankful for everyone who puts up with me every day.
enjoy your holidays with your loved ones, and afterwards we can have lunch and share what’s left-over.