Preorder Holly’s new trim&TERRIFIC cookbook: Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age
These tacos combine the best of southwestern and seafood into one delectable recipe. Serve with diced avocados, if desired.
Makes 8 servings
1 1/2 pounds fish fillets
1 (1.25-ounce) package low-sodium taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 cups cole slaw (shredded cabbage)
1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1 bunch green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
Salt and pepper to taste
8 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1. In bowl or plastic bag, coat fish with taco seasoning and lime juice.
2. In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté fish over medium heat 5–7 minutes or until flaky and done.
3. In bowl, combine cole slaw, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, green chilies, season to taste. Set aside.
4. Warm tortillas according to package directions or heat in microwave 30 seconds.
5. Fill each tortilla with fish, coleslaw mixture, tomatoes. Fold in half, serve. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 144, Calories from fat (%) 9, Fat (g) 2, Saturated Fat (g) 0, Cholesterol (mg) 35, Sodium (mg) 344, Carbohydrate (g) 15, Dietary Fiber (g) 3, Sugars (g) 3, Protein (g) 15,
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate, 2 1/2 very lean meat
- Attention foodies-check out my blog
- Holly will be a judge Fete Rouge A Louisiana Celebration of Food & Wine
- WATCH: Holly’s trim&TERRIFIC® Kitchen on This Week in
- Holly’s Walmart webisode features her easy and favorite White Chocolate Bundt Cake More of Holly’s cooking webisodes: www.walmart.com/greatvalue - scroll down
- SIGN UP FOR: Holly's FREE recipe phone application: Holly's
MobileRush Hour Recipes: Recipe, shopping list, photo all on your phone! Download through app store.