Tuesday, 10 August 2010 12:16
Louisiana Poll: Vitter, Melancon, Jindal, Dardenne, Lt. Governor Race, Obama
Written by  {ga=admin}

Louisiana Poll by SMOR showing David Vitter ahead of Charlie Melancon, Bobby Jindal very popular, and Jay Dardenne leading the Lt. Governor Race.  President Obama's poll numbers are very low.

Baton Rouge, La- A new survey conducted by Southern Media & Opinion Research, polled Louisiana voters on the upcoming election as well as job approval ratings for several of the state’s top elected officials. The poll, developed by Southern Media & Opinion Research, included telephone interviews with 720 randomly selected Louisiana voters from August 4th through August 8th, 2010. All questions contained in this report appear in the order in which they were asked. The poll was conducted for a group of businessmen.

The sample design provided for an over sample of Republican voters to ensure that at least 300 Republicans voters would have been interviewed. Only Republican voters were asked their preference in the Republican primary for US Senator.
Among the Findings:
•    Governor Jindal’s popularity is very high with a 25.1 percent excellent job rating and a 45.2 percent good for a total positive job performance rating of 70.3 percent. The oil spill and Governor Jindal’s face time on TV has served him well.
•    President Barack Obama’s job ratings remain dismally low. A whopping 42.7 percent now rate the President’s job performance as poor! Add the not so good 18.4 percent and President Obama’s receives a 61.1 percent negative job rating from Louisiana voters surveyed. Only 36.8 percent rate the President’s job performance as positive.
•    The upcoming August 28 Republican primary which pits Incumbent U.S. Senator David Vitter against challenger Chet Traylor is not much of a contest.  Senator Vitter easily leads his opponent Chet Traylor 77.8 percent to 3.9 percent. Nick Accardo, another challenger, got 1.3 percent.
•    Not much has changed since Southern Media & Opinion Research conducted it’s spring survey. In that survey Vitter lead Melancon by 49.0 percent to 31.4 percent.  As of this survey Vitter leads Melancon 46.1 percent to 27.5 percent.
•    Current Secretary of State Jay Dardenne leads the race for Lieutenant Governor with 25.8 percent and well known musician Sammy Kershaw is in second place with 14.6 percent.  Kershaw’s name recognition across Louisiana serves him well as the other candidates below him have very little name recognition.  40.2 percent of the voters are undecided.-

Click to view poll results here

(Press release from SMOR)--more to follow

Login to post comments
Powered By JFBConnect
  • Cat Fights on the Hot Cement Confederate New Orleans statues
  • Ex-Saints, Bears, Bills, NFL Exec, Jim W. Miller discusses NFL Draft tomorrow
  • Trump's new plan; Curtains on tax returns release; 40% say Trump-Russia; Probing Obama admin
  • Watch Louisiana Governor Edwards talk about CAT Tax failure

catRarely, have I seen few issues that have generated as much raw heat, tension, and passion than the Confederate monuments controversy. 

Just as existed during the real civil war, where brothers battled brothers, social media is the battleground, particularly Facebook, pitting friend against friend.

On one side of the tense divide, there are those who are protecting the New Orleans civil war era monuments.  Burnt in effigy, forever, is the symbol of Mayor Mitch Landrieu for up-ending what the monument protectors consider to be the loving civil society of New Orleans.

Lately, events have turned somewhat militaristic.

Some protectors of the Confederate monuments have been staying vigilant, in person and online, even surveilling during the wee hours of the morning, waiting for the next Mayor Landrieu attack. On Sunday morning, with protections of snipers, masked workers and a dumbstruck audience, the worst of all of the monuments was cut and carried., the Liberty Monument. 

Read More

miller nfl live2 5It’s D-Day or Draft Day tomorrow in the NFL.

More specifically, Thursday represents the first day of the NFL draft 2017.

Read More

 

trump curtainsThe major President Trump news of the day focuses upon taxes, not only the tax cuts he is proposing but his own taxes, which he obviously, refuses to unveil.

 

Read More

edwards play money 1

At a press conference today, Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards said the CAT Tax did not pass the House Ways and Means Committee.  The Governor, in addressing the media said that "the fate of that bill was decided long before we unveiled it".

Read More

latter-blum2

Sen. Appel talks budget, economy

TRUMP TALK

Dead Pelican

Optimized-DeadPelican2 1 1