Saturday night’s game is a showdown between two 2011 division champions. During last year’s exhibition season, the Texans manhandled the Saints 27-14 at Reliant Stadium. A month later, the Saints overcame a Texan lead and won 40-33.
Much depends upon how Drew Brees does in what appears to be a game where the first teams will play much of the first half.
The Houston Texans certainly have their weapons in Arian Foster and Ben Tate.
The Saints hope to get great mileage from Brees, Colston and the rest of one of the most prolific offenses in decades.
The Saints take a 1-2 losing record into tonight’s match as they were surprised by a sharp performance by QB Blaine Gabbert of the Jacksonville Jaguars last Friday.
However, the Saints did get a good performance from its QB’s. Drew Brees completed 10-of-13 passes for 133 yards with one touchdown pass and a 134.5 passer rating. Chase Daniel completed 16-of-21 throws for 185 yards with two scoring tosses and a 134.0 rating.
Houston enters the game 2-0 having walloped the Carolina Panthers 26-13 and the San Francisco 49ers 20-9, a team that beat the Saints last year in the playoffs.
|More New Orleans Saints news|
|Want more Louisiana news?|
|Louisiana News||Baton Rouge News|
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- LAGOP, conservatives assail Edwards tax plan for Louisiana budget
- Acting Idea Village CEO, Madero, to head French Quarter Festivals Inc.
- Louisiana ranked 25th in medical doctors, hospitals
- Trump's Ryan's Healthcare bill under fire, the latest on vote
- New Orleans rated 1st in tech jobs growth, 5th in "Tech for Women"