Here is an overview of his show as summarized by Crouere on the WGSO web site:
Good morning and welcome to another edition of Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere.
Today’s hot topics included:
1) New Orleans city property taxes and fees should be increased according to Mayor Landrieu. He said that the budget is not in balance and there is no more to cut. The only problem is that it may encourage more homeowners and businesses to leave New Orleans.
2) Crime cameras will be dismantled according to the Mayor. The program has been a big waste of money and should have been abandoned many years ago. The bottom line is that it did not work and did not help law enforcement.
3) Michele Obama inadvertently campaigned near a polling place in Illinois. Of course she will not be charged, but it is interesting that she is unaware of the law about electioneering. The Obama’s live by different rules.
4) A new Ole Miss mascot has now been selected. Unfortunately, old “Colonel Reb” is politically incorrect and has been replaced by a pants wearing bear. How ridiculous!
Today’s guests included:
1) Frank Gaffney of Center for Security Policy. He discussed the latest with the NYC mosque, the Afghanistan war, the new National Security Adviser, and the new threat from Hugo Chavez. For more information, check out www.CenterforSecurityPolicy.org
2) U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu. She discussed the latest with the oil spill clean-up, the slow permitting process for gulf drilling and the economy.
3) Betty Porter of the School Leadership Center of Greater New Orleans. She discussed the upcoming workshop for teachers and principals. For more information, check out www.slc-gno.org