logo-cropped

Broken light bulb ignites house fire

  // Saturday, 16 August 2014 09:08 //
Advocate staff report|

A broken light bulb ignited a house fire on Beech Street late Friday, but the homeowner escaped unharmed, the Fire Department said.

The fire at 4655 Beech St., started about 10:10 p.m. Friday, Mark Miles, a Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman, said Saturday.

Firefighters encountered smoke when they got into the home and flames in a rear bedroom.

“The owner informed them that she had been in that room earlier and bumped the bed causing a lamp to fall over and the light bulb broke,” the release says.

Fire and heavy smoke damaged the home, estimated to be worth $120,000 before the fire.

The Fire Department estimated damage to be $65,000, the release says.

Original Source

Media Sources

Metairie, Louisiana

Website: www.bayoubuzz.com Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Bayoubuzz Great Links

advertise2

 

 
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

Share Bayoubuzz

Powered By JFBConnect