logo-cropped

Family homeless after overturned lamp caused house fire

  // Saturday, 16 August 2014 18:02 //
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Baton Rouge firefighters say they were called out to a house fire that took place late Friday night. The fire happened at a house in the 4600 block of Beech St. just after 10:00 pm.

When firefighters arrived on the scene there was light smoke coming from the rear of the home which intensified as they gained entry. They found the fire in a rear bedroom of the home and it was extinguished quickly, the homeowner was able to make it out of the home unharmed.

Firefighters say the homeowner had been in the room earlier and accidentally knocked over a lamp causing the fire.

The home received heavy smoke and fire damage. Red Cross was called to the scene to assist.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.




Original Source

Media Sources

Metairie, Louisiana

Website: www.bayoubuzz.com Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Bayoubuzz Great Links

advertise2

 

 

wyes

BayouBuzz-beatles 4

Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey , the world's leading questionnaire tool.

Share Bayoubuzz

Powered By JFBConnect