3. EQUAL PROTECTION ARGUMENT IN FAVOR OF GAY MARRIAGE GAINS MOMENTUM
Overturning the bans in Oklahoma and Utah based on the Constitution's guarantee is providing a legal framework for cases across the country.
4. WHICH MOVIES ARE EXPECTED TO LEAD OSCAR NODS
"American Hustle," ''Gravity" and "12 Years a Slave" are strong contenders but the nominations -- revealed Thursday morning -- could once again carry a few surprises.
5. VATICAN FORCED TO DEFEND ITSELF ON SEX ABUSE RECORD
A UN body will grill the Holy See on allegations it enabled the rape of thousands of children by protecting guilty priests.
6. HOW EGYPT'S CHRISTIANS ARE FINDING A NEW VOICE
In past years, Islamists used fear or intimidation to stop them on their way to the ballot box, but this time, they faced no obstacles to vote on a new constitution.
7. WHY APPLE IS PAYING BIG REFUNDS
After tens of thousands of complaints, the tech giant will pay at least $32.5 million to customers whose children made app purchases without permission.
8. WESTMINSTER OPENS THE DOGGIE DOOR TO MIXED-BREEDS
While Labradoodles, puggles and who-knows-whats won't be able to vie for the prestigious Best in Show award, they'll be included in its new agility trial.
9. WHAT CRIMES MAY HAVE BEEN COMMITED IN NJ BRIDGE PLOT
Legal experts say that conspiracy, official misconduct, perjury and obstruction charges could come out of the traffic jam scandal.
10. SUPER BOWL SECURITY A TOP PRIORITY
Nearly 4,000 local police and private security officers, airport-style screening and a host of other visible and invisible measures will be employed during the big game.