House passes Trump's Harvey request but politics prevail in Senate
approved a $7.85 billion bill today for Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has requested immediate emergency assistance. However, this is where the partisanship stops. According to various news sources, the Senate GOP leaders are considering linking the bill to the debt ceiling.
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- REVERSAL: UNO poll, Lopinto over Fortunato 47-44 in Jefferson Parish Sheriff Race
- John Dowd, Trump's attorney says goodbye to President's legal team, quits
- Trump slams "FAKE MEDIA", claims he's nice to Putin for Russia's help in solving problems
- New Orleans French Quarter Fest, Entrepreneur Week, GNO Inc, Jefferson Chamber: Springing
- Transcript, video: Governor John Bel Edwards opens regular legislative session 2018