House passes Trump's Harvey request but politics prevail in Senate
approved a $7.85 billion bill today for Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has requested immediate emergency assistance. However, this is where the partisanship stops. According to various news sources, the Senate GOP leaders are considering linking the bill to the debt ceiling.
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- Louisiana Governor Edwards opposes Obamacare repeal legislation co-authored by Sen. Bill Cassidy
- Did CNN's Brian Stelter unfairly slam Sean Spicer's appearance at Emmy's?
- Louisiana News: BRAC responds to Baton Rouge Metro Council failure to support plan
- New Orleans news: Group claims local TV station at risk with Sinclair-Tribune merger
- Louisiana Response and Recovery Teams aid Texas, Florida with Irma, Harvey