House passes Trump's Harvey request but politics prevail in Senate
approved a $7.85 billion bill today for Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has requested immediate emergency assistance. However, this is where the partisanship stops. According to various news sources, the Senate GOP leaders are considering linking the bill to the debt ceiling.
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- New Orleans French Quarter Fest, Entrepreneur Week, GNO Inc, Jefferson Chamber: Springing
- Transcript, video: Governor John Bel Edwards opens regular legislative session 2018
- Governor Edwards releases details of his Louisiana legislative agenda
- UNO poll: Jefferson Parish President Mike Yenni at 46% disapproval but improves by 4
- S&P says Louisiana inched closer to manufactured fiscal cliff with failed session