House passes Trump's Harvey request but politics prevail in Senate
approved a $7.85 billion bill today for Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has requested immediate emergency assistance. However, this is where the partisanship stops. According to various news sources, the Senate GOP leaders are considering linking the bill to the debt ceiling.
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- Trump's White House touts Dow record, unemployment, hurricane relief, more
- Bobby Jindal questions why Dems are doing well in GOP areas
- Louisiana Governor Edwards and AG Landry in NOT-OK shootout over Red River Commission
- "Win your campaign and elections" webinars start with Bernie Pinsonat & Jim Brown, Monday
- New Campaigns and Elections info and E-commerce site for Louisiana and US