House passes Trump's Harvey request but politics prevail in Senate
approved a $7.85 billion bill today for Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has requested immediate emergency assistance. However, this is where the partisanship stops. According to various news sources, the Senate GOP leaders are considering linking the bill to the debt ceiling.
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- McConnell anticipates Louisiana's Senator Cassidy's Obamacare repeal bill for next week
- Today: Talk New Orleans Mayor's Race, Council elections with Christopher Tidmore
- Louisiana Governor Edwards opposes Obamacare repeal legislation co-authored by Sen. Bill Cassidy
- Did CNN's Brian Stelter unfairly slam Sean Spicer's appearance at Emmy's?
- Louisiana News: BRAC responds to Baton Rouge Metro Council failure to support plan