House passes Trump's Harvey request but politics prevail in Senate
approved a $7.85 billion bill today for Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has requested immediate emergency assistance. However, this is where the partisanship stops. According to various news sources, the Senate GOP leaders are considering linking the bill to the debt ceiling.
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- Louisiana Biz Shorts: NOLA Rising Tech; Time Talk for attorneys; Zinke energy $
- Jobs report great as Trump, GOP enter mid-terms, but wait!
- LABI honors Louisiana job creators and innovators
- JMC says early voting in US and in Louisiana has been record breakers
- Major opening of I-49 in Louisiana, Governor Edwards, leaders celebrate