House passes Trump's Harvey request but politics prevail in Senate
approved a $7.85 billion bill today for Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has requested immediate emergency assistance. However, this is where the partisanship stops. According to various news sources, the Senate GOP leaders are considering linking the bill to the debt ceiling.
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- Justice Kennedy Retiring; Louisiana Secretary of State race; Higgins touted; Dems angry
- Louisiana Cong. Richmond, Black Caucus chair, defends Maxine Waters's Trump slams
- Louisiana budget deal should provide stability not more cuts?
- Is Louisiana legislative session nearing agreement on sales tax increase?
- Louisiana Governor Edwards says politics is reason no settlement on fiscal cliff