House passes Trump's Harvey request but politics prevail in Senate
approved a $7.85 billion bill today for Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has requested immediate emergency assistance. However, this is where the partisanship stops. According to various news sources, the Senate GOP leaders are considering linking the bill to the debt ceiling.
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- Louisiana Democratic Party slams Abraham on criminal justice reform bill rejection
- Should Trump deport certain Vietnamese? New Orleans Mayor Cantrell speaks out
- Louisiana Health Dept. holds flu shot availability tomorrow select sites statewide
- Louisiana biz shorts: NOLA Christmas, IAEE, New Orleans technology praised
- Louisiana Biz Shorts: NOLA Rising Tech; Time Talk for attorneys; Zinke energy $