The conflict goes back to last Wednesday when Charbonnet pulled out of a Voice PAC forum controlled by Torres. Charbonnet pulled out of the forum citing ethical concerns and noting that two television stations decided at the last moment to not be part of the questioning panel.
Since then, Torres has responded out of anger with TV commercials against Charbonnet, claiming that she should not become Mayor of New Orleans since she cannot face the “tough questions”.
New Orleans Mayor's Race--Desiree Charbonnet, Sidney Torres slam one another over former mayor, now, federal prisoner, Ray Nagin.
Torres’s latest commercials claim she is part of the corrupt New Orleans political system.
Today, Charbonnet hit back with the following message:
In its latest Voice PAC advertisement, Sidney Torres references public contracts and donations to political candidates. Torres attempts to make a connection between Desiree Charbonnet and former Mayor Ray Nagin.
A full accounting of Torres’s own public contracts and political activity would reveal this as the total hypocrisy it is.
Public records show that Sidney Torres contributed thousands of dollars to Ray Nagin and Torres received a multi million dollar garbage contract under Nagin’s administration.
Sidney Torres should provide the public a comprehensive list of all his public contracts and political donations, past and present.
Torres should come clean with the citizens of New Orleans and remove or change this bogus and divisive commercial. New Orleans deserves better .
Desiree Charbonnet, Sidney Torres--whom do you side with? Tell us below
- New Orleans Mayor's Race: Sidney Torres, Voice PAC, Charbonnet
- All heck is breaking lose--A scud missle launched by Charbonnet vs. Torres today. On Thursday, Torres returns the favor and slams Charbonnet about her alleged connections to Ray Nagin Earlier that morning, Desiree Charbonnet brought up Ray Nagin claiming Torres engaged in some Nagin Hypocrisy Sidney Torres responds to candidate Desiree Charbonnet's last minute decision to boycott his Super PAC, Voter's PAC forum. She claimed news reporters pulled out of being panelists because of his joining the media table to ask questions.
- New Orleans Mayor's Race: Charbonnet, Bagneris, Henry, Cantrell
- Christopher Tidmore discusses the New Orleans elections--Mayor's Race
- POLL: Your favorite candidate
- Take the New Orleans Mayor Poll
- Which New Orleans Mayor candidate do you favor, and why?
- There appears to be four candidates for New Orleans Mayor with a chance to make the runoff. Which is your favorite candidate and why? Read more of Bayoubuzz's New Orleans Mayor's race
Jeff Crouere says that Desiree Charbonnet --must and is going negative against LaToya Cantrell, who leads New Orleans Mayor's Race, not Sidney Torres sideshow
New Orleans Mayor's Race turnout poor, but, going to get dirty, UNO Professor Dr. Ed Chervenak said in interview. He outlines reasons for bad turnout