Louisiana Governor Edwards favorables top Senators Kennedy, CassidyWritten by Lou Gehrig Burnett
The annual rankings of governors and members of Congress by POLITICO/Morning Consult is out, and it shows Louisiana’s Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards with a 53% job approval rating.
Not bad for a Democratic governor in a blood-red state like Louisiana. Only 32% disapproves of the job Edwards is doing. His rating places him at number 22 among the nation’s 50 governors.
The most popular governor in the country is Gov. Charlie Baker of Massachusetts with a job approval rating of 69%.. The least popular is Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey with a job approval rating of 18%. He has a whopping 77% disapproval.
The rating of other area governors: Greg Abbot of Texas 58%, Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas 63%, and Phil Bryant of Mississippi 55%.
POLITICO/Morning Consult also polled senatorial approval ratings. Sen. Bill Cassidy has a 47% approval and a 30% disapproval, placing him at 59th among the 100 senators.
Latest from Lou Gehrig Burnett
- Governor Edwards rebukes AG Jeff Landry on criminal justice reform, too
- Senator Kennedy jockeying for governor run with Governor Edwards, reform slam?
- Louisiana Treasurer's race: sharp contrasts--John Schroder, Derrick Edwards
- Governor Edwards slams Jindal, GOP Joint House Budget members on contracts
- Louisiana is high on religion according to poll
- Expect Gov. Edwards to get Willie Horton treatment with his prisoner releases, reform
- CROUERE: Liberal John Bel Edwards is vulnerable for governor re-election 2019
- Louisiana Gov. Edwards at 49%, ranked 24th in national Morning Consult poll
- Good Louisiana economic news: Shintech $1.49B, GDP 2.3%
- Edwards says FEMA approves housing extension for August 2016 floods