Louisiana Governor Edwards favorables top Senators Kennedy, CassidyWritten by Lou Gehrig Burnett
The annual rankings of governors and members of Congress by POLITICO/Morning Consult is out, and it shows Louisiana’s Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards with a 53% job approval rating.
Not bad for a Democratic governor in a blood-red state like Louisiana. Only 32% disapproves of the job Edwards is doing. His rating places him at number 22 among the nation’s 50 governors.
The most popular governor in the country is Gov. Charlie Baker of Massachusetts with a job approval rating of 69%.. The least popular is Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey with a job approval rating of 18%. He has a whopping 77% disapproval.
The rating of other area governors: Greg Abbot of Texas 58%, Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas 63%, and Phil Bryant of Mississippi 55%.
POLITICO/Morning Consult also polled senatorial approval ratings. Sen. Bill Cassidy has a 47% approval and a 30% disapproval, placing him at 59th among the 100 senators.
Latest from Lou Gehrig Burnett
- Governor Edwards rebukes AG Jeff Landry on criminal justice reform, too
- Senator Kennedy jockeying for governor run with Governor Edwards, reform slam?
- Louisiana Treasurer's race: sharp contrasts--John Schroder, Derrick Edwards
- Governor Edwards slams Jindal, GOP Joint House Budget members on contracts
- Louisiana is high on religion according to poll
- Major opening of I-49 in Louisiana, Governor Edwards, leaders celebrate
- More Louisiana family feud pitting Governor Edwards vs. AG Landry over lawsuit
- Poll: Edwards in tight race for Louisiana Governor, Free, Stokes and Edmonds top SOS spot
- Louisiana Governor Edwards and AG Landry in NOT-OK shootout over Red River Commission
- Good news for Edwards, others: S & P removes Louisiana from negative watch