Greg Betard of the Boston Globe reports that an NFL source with direct knowledge of negotiations said Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are requesting to be exempt from the franchise tag for the rest of their careers.
This means Manning, who was tagged by the Colts before the lockout, wants to become an unrestricted free agent now. Brees' contract is up after this season.
According to Betard, the NFL feels this is a last-ditch power play being orchestrated by NFLA lead counsl Jeff Kessler, who has long been a thorn in the NFL's side, and powerful agent Tom Condon, who represents Manning and Bress.
More to come
TALK ABOUT THIS QUESTION BELOW AND YOU CAN USE OUR BAYOUBUZZ FACEBOOK FEATURES. JUST LOG IN WITH THE BLUE FACEBOOK LOGIN ABOVE AND TO YOUR LEFT. WATCH THE MOVIE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Scroll the items below down to see updated content
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- Louisiana Governor Edwards says politics is reason no settlement on fiscal cliff
- Louisiana legislature: CABL calls for compromise, backs half-penny tax
- Louisiana Governor Edwards issues CALL FOR ANOTHER FISCAL SESSION
- Senator Wesley Bishop concerned about lack of services due to Louisiana budget woes
- DXC Technology dedicates New Orleans Digital Transformation Center today