Only days after Hurricane Isaac slammed into South Louisiana, making traveling and returning back to home virtually impossible, the Louisiana Department of Transporation and Development (LOTD) continues to issue more information related to road and highway blockages and closures.
As of 7:30 PM Friday August 31, here is the latestfrom the LOTD .
- 8/31/2012 - I-10 westbound now open at the I-10/I-110 split
- 8/31/2012 - I-10 westbound closed at the I-10/I-110 split
- 8/31/2012 - Plaquemine ferry returns to service, White Castle and Edgard/Reserve remain closed
- 8/30/2012 - DOTD reopens all state routes in East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana and Pointe Coupee parishes
- 8/30/2012 - DOTD announces priority routes for Tangipahoa Parish
- 8/29/2012 - DOTD announces priority routes for south Louisiana during Tropic Storm Isaac
- 8/28/2012 - Priority Routes List for South Louisiana during Hurricane Isaac
- 8/28/2012 - DOTD restaging buses
- 8/27/2012 - DOTD reminds citizens to get latest road condition updates through the 511 Traveler Information System
- 8/26/2012 - DOTD suspends toll collections on La. 1 in Leeville and the Crescent City Connection US 90B in New Orleans to facilitate evacuation, emergency and pro
- 8/26/2012 - DOTD suspends toll collections to facilitate evacuation, emergency and protective services
Bayoubuzz note: Traveled from Baton Rouge to Metairie Louisiana trip duration approximately 2.5 hours on I-12. The travel took more than one hour more than usual due to delays due to accidents and rubbernecking. Causeway open. Travel from Slidell to Metairie no delay on I-10.
Make certain to go to the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development for more accurate and updated information.
|Want more Louisiana news?|
|Baton Rouge News|