WalletHub compared tax rates in the 50 states as well as the District of Columbia in terms of the national average consumer’s income and spending habits.
- Tax rates in the most expensive states are 3-times more than those in the least expensive states.
- New York’s state cigarette excise tax rate is 26-times higher than Missouri’s.
- Tax rates are 10.92% higher in Blue States than in Red States.
- Washington’s sales & excise tax rate is 9-times higher than Oregon’s.
- Pennsylvania’s gas tax rate is twice as high as Alaska’s.
To check out the full report and see where your state ranks, please visit: http://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-states-to-be-a-taxpayer/2416/