The Panthers’ offense and defense dominated the Saints in virtually all phases of the game.
The win for Carolina now puts the Panthers one game ahead of the Saints in their all-time competition 18-17.
Cam Cleveland and his offense were simply too much for the Saints defense as they put up all but one score on the board. The defense was responsible for one touchdown on an interception of Brees.
New Orleans was unable to stop a ferocious assault upon Drew Brees as he was rushed into making bad throws putting the Saints off-timing.
The Saints’ next opponent will be the Kansas City Chiefs in the Mercedes Benz Superdome. The Panthers will take on the World Champions, New York Giants.
The loss is the second for the New Orleans Saints as they were pounced last week by the Washington Redskins. New Orleans now has two conference losses . Last week, they were picked apart by rookie sensation Robert Griffin III. Newton is playing his second year.
Running backs DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart and Mike Tolbert all scored for Carolina. Quarterback Cam Newton finished with 253 yards passing with a touchdown through the air and on the ground. Newton also compiled 73 rushing yards and was very difficult to contain.
The Panthers defense scored a touchdown as well, as safety Charles Godfrey intercepted Brees in the first quarter for a 9-yard score.
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE SAINTS? TELL US BELOW
|More New Orleans Saints news|
|Want more Louisiana news?|
|Louisiana News||Baton Rouge News|
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- Governor Edwards to call Special Session to overcome fiscal cliff: Ready or Not?
- TWITTER: Trump offers US Senator David Vitter's wife, Wendy, US District Court Judge spot
- Lt. Governor Nungesser’s new state brand--Louisiana: Feed Your Soul
- FRC's Tony Perkins join Trump, GOP in fundraising to combat FAKE NEWS
- Louisiana Dems fear $2.4B loss as Governor Edwards reveals doomsday budget