- Spirit will offer nonstop seasonal service between DFW and Fort Myers Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) with three weekly flights starting November 8, 2012 through April 24, 2013.
- Daily nonstop service between DFW and New Orleans International Airport (MSY) begins January 24, 2013, with a second daily flight starting June 13, 2013.
- Spirit will offer four weekly nonstop flights between DFW and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) beginning April 26, 2013, with service increasing to daily on June 13, 2013.
- Spirit will offer four weekly nonstop flights between DFW and Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) beginning April 26, 2013, with service increasing to daily on June 13, 2013.
- Spirit will offer three weekly nonstop flights between DFW and Latrobe's Arnold Palmer Regional Airport near Pittsburgh (LBE) beginning June 14, 2013.
- In addition, Spirit has filed with the U.S. Department of Transportation to begin nonstop service between DFW and Los Cabos, Mexico, serving Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. Schedules and fares will be announced upon receipt of necessary governmental approval.
Gulf Coast Restoration Summit set for August in New Orleans
The Gulf Coast Restoration Summit will be held August 17, 2012 in New Orleans. The summit will feature speakers focusing on subjects relevant to restoration efforts on the Gulf Coast. Topics will include the RESTORE Act, money from BP for recovery from the oil spill, and the oil spill claims process. For more information visit: www.gulfcoastrestorationsummit.org
Albemarle gets automated
Albemarle Corporation of Baton Rouge has chosen Esker, a document process automation solutions and SAP software solution and technology partner, to automate its invoicing process with a unified platform via the Esker on Demand automation solution for Accounts Payable processes.
Low natural gas prices may draw industries to Louisiana
Stephen Moret, secretary of Louisiana Economic Development, says that Louisiana is trying to position itself to take advantage of record-low natural gas prices. Louisiana is a leading producer of natural gas in the country, and is trying to attract businesses as a result of the lower energy costs.
Texas Named Best Place in US for Business
According to CNBC, Texas is the best place for business in the country. Louisiana ranked in the bottom 10. The survey looks at 10 categories to rank states. The Lone Star state ranked first in six of the ten categories.