But if you were to read twitter, many of the Facebook posts, news reports, blogs and yacking on politics TV, you could not help to conclude that global warming is the least of our worries. By the time all hell breaks loose with the Arctic melting, fires burning and oceans rising, there won’t be anybody on earth anyway.
Which means, we are all in this virus soup or boiling seas together. While we are separated by borders, divided into different governments and speak different languages, our fate is dependent upon one another’s. As much as some might want to put an end to globalism, it is way too late. Our economies are integrated. When China gets a cold, the United States sneezes. And vice versa, by the way.
The notion that Democrats, China, the media want the virus to propagate, the stock market to collapse, the economy to fall is about as dangerous of a notion that I can imagine. And brother, I have heard some really wild ones since June 2015.
Nobody wins if an economic Armageddon were to follow a health catastrophe. Nobody. That is what is so preposterous when I hear on cable and elsewhere that this somehow is a plot to get at Trump. You’ve heard it, I am sure. “They couldn’t get him on Russia, they lost on impeachment and so this is their next shot”.
Or, “they hate Trump so much that they are willing to burn down the economy to get him out of office”.
That type of talk is not just outrageous, not just illogical, it is almost inhumane.
Yet, that is exactly what is being pushed out of the White House, the Republican Party, Fox News and elsewhere. Rush Limbaugh says it is true. So does Don Jr. And so do the other prime time talking heads.
And the falsehoods start at the very top. At his now-infamous press conference, Trump argued that Democrats should come together, work together. Totally agree. But, then, in the next breath, Potus claimed that the Dems are using this for campaign purposes. Comically, he even blamed the Democratic candidates for causing the stock market to crash on Monday and Tuesday although the last debate occurred after the markets had closed roughly two-thousand points in the minus.
He and his ardents blast the Democrats for piling upon him, for criticizing him for everything, for calling him the worst names. Yet, they somehow forget that Trump himself tweeted well over 70 times and retweeted many more occasions about Ebola. Not once did he give President Obama any credit for any effort. Not once did he do anything but use his Twitter megaphone to millions to get the political advantage for his potential presidential run.
The claim that the democrats and the media are using this for political advantage is simply ludicrous. The stock market is tubing not because of the Democrats or the media but because the uncertainty is so acute, investors are fast losing faith. The world is integrated. When the markets all over go down, our country is severely impacted. We travel less, so do they. They buy less, so do we. Our markets are frozen because their funds are shriveled. That is the way the 21st-century world economy works.
While it is true that certain events, such as a president claiming there is nothing to fear only minutes before the worst Corona news erupts ( a woman contracts the virus who had no known contact with anybody known to be ill), those developments will impact the stock market one way or another. It would surely tell investors that the promotion of nothing to fear is worthless. It would tell us that we can’t trust what we hear from the person who is supposed to be in the know.
Now, quite, unfortunately, things are so upsetting, the administration does not want us to know the truth. They have shut down access to information. So, now not only are we in the dark for not believing what we are told, we are blinded from the truth by the administration itself. Not a great way to damp down the fear.
Let’s face it. Things have gotten out of control, not because of the media, not the Dems, not the Chinese but because as a world, we are not prepared. And pretending the bad news is not here or blaming the media for providing truthful updates, only creates more suspicion and anger. Today, theWorld Health Organization raised the Corona Virus threat assessment to its highest level. Is the media supposed to pretend that it did not happen? Is Trump going to blame the media and the Democrats for discussing it? When the poor lady in California illness became known, which meant the possibility that the virus entered into unchartered waters, were we supposed to hush? Is that the responsible thing to do?
The responsible thing to do is to allow the information to flow, not buck it up at the VP office. It should not stop there.
The responsible thing is for the president to not spin the facts. His claiming there are only 15 people with the disease when there is four times that number does not help. Claiming that the virus will soon be down to one while possibly knowing that with the California lady illness could blow the lid off the roof—that would be reckless.
So if and when the market does indeed crash again and again, if this week is a precursor to tomorrow, all of us need to know— any casting irrational blame upon the president for current conditions does no good. Giving him credit when and where it is due is good for all of us. But, blaming others for criticizing the obvious is also good for us all, assuming we are mature enough to handle it.
Trump and others cannot expect things to change when they pounded the Obama administration 24/7 for some ebola matters out of his control. There are times that no president, whether republican or democrat has dominion over fate. There are times when all we can do is minimize the risk and pray for the best.
But we do have control over how we accept our own shortcomings, whether we are in the Oval Office or on Social media.
It is time for all of us to recognize them and to admit them. Corona is bad enough. We don’t need the hate virus to tear us to shreds
BELOW IS A LIST OF ORIGINAL TWEETS POSTED BY DONALD TRUMP REGARDING THE EBOLA VIRUS
- Nov 10, 2014 04:31:12 PMA single Ebolacarrier infects 2 others at a minimum. STOP THE FLIGHTS! NO VISAS FROM EBOLA STRICKEN COUNTRIES! [Twitter Web Client] link
- Oct 29, 2014 02:55:36 PMObama will quarantine all soldiers returning from Africa for 21 days. But he still allows all who contract Ebolainto country? Hypocrite. [Twitter Web Client] link
- Oct 28, 2014 06:57:07 PMPresident Obama strongly considering a plan to bring non-U.S. citizens with Ebolato the United States for treatment. Now I know he's nuts! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 28, 2014 12:40:46 PMJohn Foust is a liberal who supports ObamaCare and opposes Ebolatravel ban. Send Conservative @BarbaraComstock to Congress! [Twitter Web Client] link
- Oct 28, 2014 09:52:01 AMAll the governors are already backing off of the Ebola Bad decision that will lead to more mayhem. [Twitter Web Client]link
- Oct 27, 2014 05:24:36 AMWill be on @foxandfriends at 7.00. (30 minutes). A great deal to talk about including Ebola[Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 26, 2014 06:20:32 AMWith all that is happening with Ebola, including the doctor who so easily came back to New York, Obama still refuses to stop the flights! [Twitter for Android]link
- Oct 24, 2014 03:17:51 PMThere is ZERO margin for error on Ebola. Are we confident in Obama when he can’t even make a website for $5 Billion? [Twitter Web Client]link
- Oct 24, 2014 08:09:26 AMThe Eboladoctor who just flew to N.Y. from West Africa and went on the subway, bowling and dining is a very SELFISH man-should have known! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 23, 2014 10:54:09 PMPresident Obama has a major meeting on the N.Y.C. Ebolaoutbreak, with people flying in from all over the country, but decided to play golf! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 23, 2014 09:24:55 PMEbolahas been confirmed in N.Y.C., with officials frantically trying to find all of the people and things he had contact with.Obama's fault [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 23, 2014 06:38:59 PMIf this doctor, who so recklessly flew into New York from West Africa,has Ebola,then Obama should apologize to the American people & resign! [Twitter for Android]link
- Oct 23, 2014 06:24:32 PMThere is a good possibility that a person who treated patients in West Africa and who FLEW into New York has Ebola. Touched many, bedlam! [Twitter for Android]link
- Oct 23, 2014 04:31:09 AMTremendous pressure on President Obama to institute a travel ban on Ebolastricken West Africa. At some point this stubborn dope will fold! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 22, 2014 02:15:02 PMLiberal SD Dem candidate Rick Weiland wants to expand ObamaCare to single payer & opposes Ebolatravel ban. Send @RoundsforSenate to Senate! [Twitter Web Client] link
- Oct 22, 2014 03:14:57 AMIf there is one more Ebolacase in the U.S., a full travel ban will be instituted. This common sense move should have been done long ago! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 21, 2014 06:47:29 PMThe United States troops which were sent to West Africa have only gotten 4 hours of Ebolatraining - very unfair to them and their families! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 21, 2014 02:24:12 PMDon’t believe Kay Hagan on Ebolatravel ban. She also promised that you would keep your healthcare plan under ObamaCare. Vote @ThomTillis! [Twitter Web Client] link
- Oct 21, 2014 02:14:24 PMObama will let Ebolafly into US & drugrunners cross our border daily. But he won't pressure Mexico on Sgt. Tahmooressi. #FreeOurMarine [Twitter Web Client] link
- Oct 20, 2014 05:12:15 AMI will be on @foxandfriends at 7.00 - 45 minutes. Talking about Ebola, Obama and other strange U.S. happenings! [Twitter for Android]link
- Oct 19, 2014 05:30:14 AMThe lobbyist and political hack that President Obama just appointed as the "EbolaCzar," just missed his first major meeting on Ebola-A joke [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 17, 2014 05:20:00 PMObama just appointed an EbolaCzar with zero experience in the medical area and zero experience in infectious disease control. A TOTAL JOKE! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 17, 2014 02:32:02 PMThe new Ebolaczar will report to the WH & NSA adviser Susan Rice. More mismanagement & duplicity with CDC. Obama is terrible executive. [Twitter Web Client] link
- Oct 16, 2014 07:11:37 AMThe Ebolanurse should NEVER have been allowed to fly to Cleveland and (amazing) back again. Nothing works in our once great country anymore [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 15, 2014 05:36:44 PMA nurse in Dallas who treated Ebolapatient Thomas Duncan was allowed to fly to Cleveland.She should never have been so allowed! The real JV [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 15, 2014 02:01:45 PMOur president could not make a proper website with $5B. The website still does not work. How can we feel safe about Ebola?! [Twitter Web Client]link
- Oct 15, 2014 09:32:04 AMPresident Obama has a personal responsibility to visit & embrace all people in the US who contract Ebola! [Twitter Web Client]link
- Oct 13, 2014 10:17:34 PMAs ISIS and Ebolaspread like wildfire, the Obama administration just submitted a paper on how to stop climate change (aka global warming). [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 12, 2014 08:24:02 PMI will be on Fox & Friends tomorrow morning at 7.00. Ebolaand ISIS will be topics. [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 12, 2014 08:17:03 AMI don't know if President Obama isn't stopping the flights from Ebolatorn West Africa because he is stubborn, stupid, or just doesn't care! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 12, 2014 08:11:04 AMHere we go - A healthcare worker who treated Thomas Duncan, the man who flew into the U.S. from West Africa infected with Ebola, caught it! [Twitter for Android]link
- Oct 11, 2014 05:15:09 AMIsn't it ridiculous, starting today, new Ebolascreenings go into effect for people coming from West Africa. Just stop the flights dummies! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 10, 2014 11:25:43 PMDo you notice that because of Ebola, ISIS etc., ObamaCare has gone to the back burner despite horrible results coming out. A disaster! [Twitter for Android]link
- Oct 10, 2014 03:54:59 PMObama: “I will control Ebola.” = Obama: “If you like your health care plan, you can keep your healthcare plan.” [Twitter Web Client]link
- Oct 10, 2014 08:11:10 AMObama is making the Ebolaproblem much worse than it needs to be in the U.S. by not halting flights from West Africa. Airport testing a joke [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 10, 2014 03:44:33 AMI feel sorry for the 4000 soldiers who are being forced to go the West Africa to fight Ebola. Their families are up in arms. Not trained. [Twitter for Android]link
- Oct 9, 2014 07:49:16 PMChina is ripping wealth out Africa and yet, as usual, refuses to put anything back to help with Ebola. "Let the stupid Americans do it!" SAD [Twitter for Android]link
- Oct 9, 2014 04:05:39 PMThe CDC chief just said Ebolais spreading faster than Aids. Marines are preparing for a pandemic drill. Stop all flights from West Africa! [Twitter Web Client] link
- Oct 9, 2014 03:49:36 PMObama won’t send troops to fight jihadists, yet sends them to Liberia to contract Ebola. He is a delusional failure. [Twitter Web Client]link
- Oct 9, 2014 03:26:32 PMVia @Mediaite by forza_desiderio: “Donald Trump Blasts Obama on Ebola: Why Are You Sending Troops?” http://t.co/sKBRhOGBvp [Twitter Web Client]link
- Oct 9, 2014 10:45:42 AM#TrumpVlog Will our brave soldiers catch Ebola? http://t.co/ZGBaetHnNt [Instagram]link
- Oct 9, 2014 08:17:04 AMRight now 4000 U.S. troops are stupidly heading to West Africa to help fight Ebola.No help from China, Russia or wealthy African oil nations [Twitter for Android]link
- Oct 7, 2014 05:08:22 AMDespite the ever increasing Eboladisaster, Obama refuses to stop flights from West Africa.It's almost like he's saying F-you to U.S. public [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 6, 2014 05:17:32 AMI will be on Fox & Friends (@foxandfriends) at 7.00. Fighting Ebolawill be a topic! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 4, 2014 10:21:26 PMPresident Obama, I have an idea! Pretend that West Africa is Israel and then you will be able to stop the Ebolaarea flights. [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 4, 2014 07:05:59 PMPresident Obama - close down the flights from Ebolainfected areas right now, before it is too late! What the hell is wrong with you? [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 4, 2014 12:14:49 PMSomething very important, and indeed society changing, may come out of the Ebolaepidemic that will be a very good thing: NO SHAKING HANDS! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 4, 2014 10:35:31 AMThis Ebolapatient Thomas Duncan, who fraudulently entered the U.S. by signing false papers, is causing havoc. If he lives, prosecute! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 4, 2014 10:24:59 AMIf Ebolais so non-contagious, how come an NBC cameraman caught it so quickly while over in West Africa? U.S. is behaving very foolishly! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 2, 2014 06:08:15 PMEbolapatient Duncan lied on his exit papers by saying he never came into contact with a person with Ebola. He knew he did, and person died. [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 2, 2014 05:43:25 PMHow incompetent are our leaders allowing these Ebolainfected people to come into our country with all of the problems and danger entailed! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 2, 2014 05:38:04 PMThe Ebolapatient who came into our country knew exactly what he was doing. Came into contact with over 100 people.Here we go-I told you so! [Twitter for Android] link
- Oct 2, 2014 04:52:50 AMEbolais much easier to transmit than the CDC and government representatives are admitting. Spreading all over Africa-and fast. Stop flights [Twitter for Android] link
- Sep 30, 2014 07:36:01 PMThe United States must immediately institute strong travel restrictions or Ebolawill be all over the United States-a plague like no other! [Twitter for Android] link
- Sep 30, 2014 07:21:11 PMHow dumb is our president to send thousands of poorly trained and ill-equipped soldiers over to West Africa to fight Ebola. Stop all flights [Twitter for Android]link
- Sep 30, 2014 07:09:29 PMHere we go! I stated long ago that we should cancel all flights from West Africa. Now we have Ebolain U.S., AND IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE! [Twitter for Android] link
- Sep 19, 2014 08:44:26 PMWhy are we sending thousands of ill-trained soldiers into Ebolainfested areas of Africa! Bring the plague back to U.S.? Obama is so stupid. [Twitter for Android] link
- Sep 16, 2014 05:25:09 PMIn order to stop the Ebolaoutbreak in Africa, perhaps the President should put all Africans on ObamaCare rather than sending the troops! [Twitter for Android] link
- Sep 16, 2014 11:04:47 AMWe must immediately stop all air traffic coming from the Ebolainfected areas of Africa—before it is too late. [Twitter Web Client] link
- Sep 16, 2014 07:49:28 AMCan you believe that the U.S. will be sending 3000 troops to Africa to help with Ebola.They will come home infected? We have enough problems [Twitter for Android]link
- Aug 8, 2014 01:58:22 PMSame CDC which is bringing Ebolato US misplaced samples of anthrax earlier this year http://t.co/aX7ihXdcMz Be careful. [Twitter Web Client] link
- Aug 8, 2014 01:56:44 PM"Ebola's spread is 'unprecedented' says CDC chief" http://t.co/2wE9qVjD17 [Twitter Web Client]link
- Aug 5, 2014 07:56:25 AMDoctors have already died treating Ebolahttp://t.co/L9DLh09oib We should not be importing the disease to our homeland. [Twitter Web Client] link
- Aug 5, 2014 06:17:50 AMSo many people are agreeing with me on not creating a "highway" for Ebolato the U.S. Started in small area of Africa and now spreading fast [Twitter for Android] link
- Aug 4, 2014 06:51:51 PMThe bigger problem with Ebolais all of the people coming into the U.S. from West Africa who may be infected with the disease. STOP FLIGHTS! [Twitter for Android] link
- Aug 4, 2014 06:48:29 PMA doctor on NBC Nightly News agreed with me-we should not bring Ebolainto our country through two patients, but should bring docs to them. [Twitter for Android] link
- Aug 2, 2014 05:55:18 PMThe fact that we are taking the Ebolapatients, while others from the area are fleeing to the United States, is absolutely CRAZY-Stupid pols [Twitter for Android] link
- Aug 2, 2014 06:26:12 AMThe U.S. must immediately stop all flights from EBOLAinfected countries or the plague will start and spread inside our "borders." Act fast! [Twitter for Android] link
- Aug 1, 2014 08:22:26 PMThe U.S. cannot allow EBOLAinfected people back. People that go to far away places to help out are great-but must suffer the consequences! [Twitter for Android] link
- Aug 1, 2014 07:22:19 AMStop the EBOLApatients from entering the U.S. Treat them, at the highest level, over there. THE UNITED STATES HAS ENOUGH PROBLEMS! [Twitter for Android] link
- Jul 31, 2014 09:04:13 PMEbolapatient will be brought to the U.S. in a few days - now I know for sure that our leaders are incompetent. KEEP THEM OUT OF HERE! [Twitter for Android]