House passes Trump's Harvey request but politics prevail in Senate
approved a $7.85 billion bill today for Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has requested immediate emergency assistance. However, this is where the partisanship stops. According to various news sources, the Senate GOP leaders are considering linking the bill to the debt ceiling.
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- New Orleans Mayor Cantrell issues Phase One of a Covid-19 "Safe Opening"
- Louisiana Coronavirus: Major restrictions tonight midnight --bars, restaurants, theaters, casinos
- Transcript of Louisiana Governor Race debate: Vaping, budget and corporate taxes
- Edwards announces "Celebration of Life" arrangements for Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco
- Mike Yenni won't seek Jefferson Parish President seat, so Sheng vs. Young