House passes Trump's Harvey request but politics prevail in Senate
approved a $7.85 billion bill today for Hurricane Harvey. President Trump has requested immediate emergency assistance. However, this is where the partisanship stops. According to various news sources, the Senate GOP leaders are considering linking the bill to the debt ceiling.
Latest from Bayoubuzz Staff
- Louisiana's Rep. Scalise, Sen. Kennedy slam House Democrats on Trump probe
- All the King's Men, Scalise, GOP, Dershowitz, more tweet after Mueller's talk
- House Judiciary holds Barr in contempt; Trump claims executive privilege over Mueller report
- See whom Gov. Edwards picks for Lottery, Gaming Control, Arts, Wildlife & Fisheries, more
- POLLS: Trump at 56 in Louisiana, 50 Rasmussen, down in key states