The American Conservative Union (ACU), which sets the gold standard for conservative values and hosts the annual widely publicized Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), has released its annual scorecard for 2015.
Based upon legislative votes and other factors, a lawmaker must get a 90-100% rating for ACU’s Award for Conservative Excellence. An 80-89% score earns one its Award for Conservative Achievement.
Louisiana scores well at the congressional level with seven of the eight being Republicans. It’s a different story at the state level. Here are the ACU ratings for 2015 from highest rating to lowest and their lifetime ACU rating: (Richmond is the only Democrat)
Members of Congress
1. Rep. John Fleming – 96%. Lifetime: 96.5%.
2. Rep. Garret Graves – 96%. Lifetime: N/A.
3. Sen. David Vitter – 95%. Lifetime: 92.2%.
4. Sen. Bill Cassidy – 92%. Lifetime: 84.9%.
5. Rep. Ralph Abraham – 83%. Lifetime: N/A.
6. Rep. Steve Scalise – 79%. Lifetime: 95.4%.
7. Rep. Charles Boustany – 63%. Lifetime: 84.1%.
8. Rep. Cedric Richmond – 4%. Lifetime: 6.9%.
FAX-NET UPDATE is published weekly and delivered to your home or office by fax or e-mail. Subscription rates are: $50 for 12 months (50 issues) or $35 for six months. To subscribe, send check or money order to: Fax-Net Update, P.O. Box 44522, Shreveport, LA 71134. If you have questions, tips or want to do a guest column, call 861-0552 or send e-mail to[email protected]. Lou Gehrig Burnett, Publisher.